You are here: Home / News
Wednesday August 17, 2016
• The program will be for players ages 9-13
• It will run September 6 – October 15 (6 weeks) at a cost of $750
• The program will be run by 13U Head Coach, Josh MacInnis, with other Dawgs coaches, including Lou Pote (Anaheim Angels), Tyler Hollick(San Francisco Giants), and Jeff Duda (Quebec Capitales).
• The purpose of the program is to develop players and enhance their skills to prepare them for the jump from Little League/Pee Wee baseball to a faster paced game on the bigger field.
• There will be 3 practices per week.
• Dawgs will supply players with a Dawgs t-shirt. Players will be required to bring white baseball pants, rubber cleats or sneakers, glove, bat, and helmet.
• Tentative Schedule:
Tues – Practice (6pm-8pm)
Thur – Practice (6pm-8pm)
Sat – Practice (9am-11am)
Great player to coach ratio
Dynamic pre-practice warmup
Intersquad/controlled scrimmage games
Defense focused practices
- Pre-pitch routine
- Groundball fundamentals (Oregon State drills)
- Fly ball technique (drop steps, groundball approach)
- Positioning (Double play depth, bunt situations)
- Cuts & Relays
Offense focused practices
- Improve swing mechanics
- Lower half drills
- Hands drills
- Bunting (Sac, Drag, Push)
- Leadoffs, reads, running the bases properly
- Develop individual pitching skills
- Analyzing pitching mechanics
- Routines and concepts
- Holding runners
****Throwing program designed by Dawgs Pitching Coordinator, Jeff Duda and former Anaheim Angels pitcher, Lou Pote.****
If Interested Please Contact:
Dawgs 13U Head Coach
**If interested in registering for Bantam (15U) Fall, please contact the Dawgs Coaches Office 403-995-3241.